Friday, October 22, 2010

Pottery Barn Knock Off: Chalk Rocks

Hello New Pottery Barn Catalog!! How nice to see you... Hmm, what do we have here?


Wait, let's take a closer look...


{Pottery Barn}

That looks easy enough to replicate. And what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't have chalkboard paint in the house. I just need to find some nice smooth river rocks.

Fast Forward to (*cough*) WalMart (my least favorite place on Earth). What do I spy when Busy Bee heads over to the fish aquariums:

BINGO!! And they cost under $3 for 6 of them.


Went home and painted them up while we waited for some water to boil.

Once they were dry, we seasoned them by rubbing chalk on them. This is a VITAL step or else the first thing that you write on them will forever be "ghosted" on the item. Ask me how I know. It has nothing to do with a small piece of furniture in my garage that needs to be repainted. :(





Then write your cute spooky sayings or scary faces!


Hurry before your Busy Bee snags them and does this:

Awwwwwwww.
No that wasn't planned! :) So sweet.

P.S. I think that they make super cute placecards too:

And I spent a whopping $3 for 6 of them instead of $4 each for the Pottery Barn version.
thankyouverymuch

Bee Happy,
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! Stupid question - so you just color all over them in chalk, wipe it off and then write your saying? So you can wipe it off again and reuse them later with different words?

    ReplyDelete