Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Banner & Countown

Oftentimes I consider my computer my canvas. I love that in a matter of minutes, I can create, print and enjoy something. Most of the time that I'm blogging or creating, I have a nursing or sleeping Baby Bee in my arms. Tak about multitasking! ;)

This Halloween I knew that I wanted to create a cute banner that I could enjoy in my home, use as decoration for our preHalloween party and even hang on my garage for the night of trick or treating. I opted for orange and black damask and polkadots for the color and pattern scheme.




{sorry for the glare & yes, we will be painting those white walls!}

I wish that I could share it with you as a free printable, but unfortunately, I used some licensed papers in this project. Bummer, huh?

It would be easy enough to create with triangles of scrapbooking paper. I made mine about 4 x 6 in size and strung it on 3 feet of ribbon.

Our friend Martha has these darling alphabet templates that would work perfectly for your DIY creation!

I plan to add a 'Boo" banner to my collection too!


While I'm talking about digi-creations - I thought I would share another project with you! Busy Bee kept asking how many days there were until Halloween so we came up with this cute idea...a countdown! Don't worry, it wasn't candy everyday (LOL)!

I simply created the circles in my favorite picture editing software, printed them and punched them out using my 2 inch scallop punch. I suggest this one. Seriously you need one! You will be dreaming up things to punch.

Anywho, back to the project at hand. I then attached the circle to a magnetic clip... perfect for surprising my Busy Bee with Halloween tricks & treats leading up to the big day:

Bee Happy,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment