Friday, February 12, 2010

Doll Baby Tutu

This is one of my favorite crafts to do for big girls - and it struck me the other day that busy bee might love one for her favorite baby dolls to play dress up too!

For this project I took

Materials:
-a piece of ribbon trimmed to 2 feet
-tulle strips cut to 18 inches (about 40 of them - you'll have to adjust accordingly for the waist size of your doll)
*TIP* I used to buy the tulle by the yard at the fabric store and I would cut them... too much work! I finally thought of buying the tulle sold on the roll! It's already trimmed to the perfect width!


1. Lay your ribbon flat. Take one piece of tulle and fold it in half. Place behind your ribbon. You'll have a loop on top and two loose pieces on the bottom.


2. Take the two loose ends and pull through loop tightly. Repeat until all of the tulle is tied on to your ribbon.

If this isn't clear - check out this video for a great tutorial on tutu making!

You'll note that she uses the tulle sold in yards - it's so much easier to use the one on rolls! I found mine in the wedding department in assorted colors!

It's so simple! I created the doll baby one in less than 10 minutes!






No comments:

Post a Comment